I made no effort to hide my personal feelings about this notion. I was very transparent about my excitement and anticipation for the new Verizon option. They will now add competition to AT&T's data plan solution for iPad owners and users.
I want to prove my point. I wanted to do a post comparing AT&T and Verizon iPad data plans.
The comparisons I have below are simple. I took the lowest cost lowest value plan for each company and calculated the Dollar per GB ratio for each plan. I did the exact same thing for the highest cost highest value plan of each company. Below are the results. I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so.
- Best value = $12.50 per GB
- Worst Value = $60.00 per GB
- Now that is the AT&T I know and love.
- Great job guys way to bend over the struggling American consumer. What a service.
- Best Value = $1.25 per GB that is literally 1/10 of the cost of AT&T.
- Worst Value = $20.00 per GB which is a 1/3 of the cost of AT&T.
So you can spend 1000% - 300% more for a AT&T data plan or you can take that money and pay for your iPad data plan with Verizon as well as 3 - 10 plans for your friends depending on your social life.